In today’s time, the Restaurant Online Food Ordering System has become one of the strongest foundations of the Food and Restaurant Industry. Prior to this pandemic, there’s already a steady rise of demand for online food ordering systems and delivery platforms. If your Restaurant Business is still not doing an online food ordering system, you’re missing a huge number of profits.
Though it sounds complicated at first, implementing an Online Food Ordering System on your business is one way to not just keep your business surviving, but to keep it thriving. Businesses in the Restaurant Industry who want to grow and level-up their business operations are starting to enforce and utilize this technology.
Whether they teamed up with the popular food delivery apps such as Uber Eats, Deliveroo, Doordash, and Gruhub, or they opted to create their own online food ordering platform, they can’t hide the fact on how helpful this innovation is to their restaurant business and to the whole Restaurant Industry.
This article aims to discuss everything that a restaurant owner needs to know about online food delivery service, online food delivery app, restaurant mobile apps and the reality of online food ordering systems.
WHAT IS AN ONLINE FOOD ORDERING SYSTEM?
Online Food Ordering System is a software solution that allows businesses to process and manage orders purchased over the internet. It is a system that allows the business to connect to the customers over the internet. It is a technology used by restaurants that processes food orders placed via app or website and customers get their orders via delivery or pick-up.
It has 2 basic components:
- a website or app that serves as the platform where customers place their orders
- an administrative interface or back-office for the management of orders and inventory.
Through eTakeaway Max™ Online Food Ordering System, it provides a convenient and uncomplicated way to process orders from customers who can’t drop by the establishment. It also promotes safety as it complies with the new normal protocols.
The system that eTakeaway Max™ offers allows restaurateurs, like you, to have an online selling platform on your own website and it will also be possible for you to create your own mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
When you use etakeawaymax system, it’ll be possible for you to manage online, takeaway, phone-in, and walk-in orders. And it’s not you customers that can access your website on any of their mobile devices, you can also take orders from any device because of it’s easy EPOS integration features.
Here’s a visual representation of how this type of online food ordering systems works for restaurants:
As for the payment, an Online Food Ordering System can process payments made through credit cards, debit cards, mobile wallets, payment apps, or cash on delivery.
TYPES OF ONLINE FOOD ORDERING SYSTEM
Depending on the concept of your restaurant, you can choose between these three main types of Online Food Ordering System :
- Own Online Ordering Platform
- The platform where customers would place their orders would be made and managed by your and your staff.
- Third-Party Online Ordering Apps and Marketplace Delivery Apps
- Applications that are developed to cater online food orders. Restaurants can partner up with these apps and they would be available on their platform. Applications that have a huge number of users and depend on 3rd parties for their delivery service.
- Online Ordering App combined with POS System
- It may come as an additional cost for restaurateurs, but it’s easy to set up. These are software or programs that are built-in to your existing POS System.
Here’s an overview of the different types to help you with you decide which type best works for your restaurant ;
|Own Online Ordering Platform||There are platforms where you can build your website for free. You can monitor every service you give as you’re in control of everything.||Management of payments and delivery monitoring would also be your responsibility.Not convenient to manage.|
|Third-Party Online Ordering Apps and Marketplace Delivery Apps||Its features work well with your staff as it’s specifically made to cater restaurants’ needs. These apps could help you build your own website that’s integrated with them. As it caters a large number of customers, it would help for the visibility of your restaurant. A restaurant can still integrate other apps in their system.||It will cost you a monthly or yearly fee. It costs a pretty good amount of money, and if you want to enjoy premium features, you have to pay an additional fee. Customer data is not your to keep, and since there are also lots of restaurants present on the app, customer loyalty may be hard to earn.|
|Online Ordering App combined with POS System||Works well with other software that’s programmed to your POS System. It comes with a fixed fee, and though it requires higher upfront cost, it saves you from other fees that applications usually charge. You own your customer’s data.||Less visibility to the market as it only caters those who order directly from your platform/website. Not every POS System has this feature, availability may be a problem.|
Tip : Look for the perfect balance for your business concept, you don’t have to settle for a single type of Online Food Ordering Software or System. You can integrate one type to another, and see what works for your restaurant.
BENEFITS OF ONLINE FOOD ORDERING SYSTEM
Online Food Ordering System benefits both the business and the customers. See how it revolutionized the operations of business in the Restaurant Industry :
eTakeaway Max™ Is a total online ordering solution designed specifically for takeaways and restaurants. It is the most cost-effective system for takeaways to tap into the rapidly growing market for online food ordering and thus stay ahead of the competition. It helps you build your online identity and promote your brand among the right customers.
There are no commissions to pay on the orders you receive and the receipts are credited to your bank account. Shared platforms do not let you create your own online identity. Besides, they charge a hefty commission on each order they receive. To make your takeaway immediately visible on Google and thus generate online orders, it also offers an initial Adwords promotion.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO INTEGRATE AN ONLINE FOOD ORDERING SYSTEM
Again, this would also depend on whom you will choose to team up with. If it is with food delivery apps, check out the commission they require and other fees being asked. And if it is with a technology provider, make sure to look out for the one that will deliver the best service with a reasonable value.
A basic online food ordering system could cost anything from $90 to $200 per monthly subscription. But since the system that you’ll deploy should be based on your restaurant’s needs, size, and other factors, there will still be a difference in price. Customization of features would also affect its price.
As for eTakeaway Max™, it offers a range of payment options to our customers. You can get started with your online food ordering service for as little as £8 per week. Discuss your specific requirements and it’ll give you an unbeatable offer ensuring that you get a positive return on your investment without pressuring your cash-flows.
SUCCESS STORIES WITH ETAKEAWAY MAX
Clients of eTakeaway Max take their business to the next level with the best customer friendly platform for their Takeaway Online Ordering requirement. It caters a diverse client base and helps them produce diversified custom restaurant website templates.
FEATURES OF AN EFFECTIVE ONLINE FOOD ORDERING SYSTEM
As a restaurateur, even though you’re working on a budget, it doesn’t mean that the quality of your tools and service should be compromised. Here’s a list of the components you should look out before deploying the best online food ordering system.
- Branded website complete with restaurant website templates, online menu and payment gateway.
- SMS printer that prints every confirmed order
- Integrated social media pages on Facebook and Twitter
- Email campaigns and marketing module
- Feedback module for customers
- Built-in option for offering loyalty programmes and coupons
- EPOS integration (optional)
For better understanding, eTakeaway Max™ offers you the following additional features:
- Allows you to create your own online ordering website branded to your business.
- Helps you to stand out by developing mobile applications branded to your shop.
Restaurant Marketing and Promotions
- Gives you access for easy SMS Marketing at the press of a button.
- Improves your Email Marketing through faster response, lesser costs compared to flyers.
- Promotes your offers on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Helps you to widen your reach for customers, and saves you from printing costs.
- Creates coupons for promotions to get more customers.
- Helps you with your SEO to get your site ranked in GOOGLE so that people find the site when they search for your business.
- Deploys automatic promotions on birthdays.
- Creates a restaurant loyalty programs with loyalty points system to keep bringing the customer back.
Restaurant Online Ordering Service
- It is mobile enabled for click-to-call or easy ordering from mobile devices like iPhone, Android, iPad ,other smart phones and tablets.
- Makes it easier for your customers to order through a mobile app for new order alerts.
- Provides an automatic order printing feature.
- Gives wireless printer option for automatic online order printing. No need for an internet connection.
Restaurant EPOS Integration
- Gives you the ability to manage online, takeaway, walk-in and phone-in easily under one system. You can now control your business from anywhere in the world.
- Enables you to take orders from any device. It is a useful feature when it is busy and your EPOS is engaged
- You can now handle multiple orders with ease. Start saving orders and come back to it after handling other orders.
Restaurant Payment Option
- Pay 0% commission on every order. No commission ever.
- You can use your own payment processing accounts.
- You can withdraw money into your account every day.
Restaurant Customer Service and Customer Information
- Helps you to provide customers peace of mind as you won’t be missing any orders from now on.
- Ability to keep your customer updated on order status through email and SMS.
- Provides a caller ID to automatically identify the customer. This feature helps restaurant owners to make customers feel special.
- Upselling and Cross Selling will be easier because of the automatic add-on product suggestion on checkout.
- Improves your ability to grow your own database of customers.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST OUT OF YOUR ONLINE FOOD ORDERING SYSTEM
- Conduct a proper market analysis for your target location and demographic. This is for easier integration in the market. Learn what are the trending market trends in your location, what are the technologies utilized by your competitor, and find your niche in your market.
- Focus on growing your user base. Learn on which social media platforms your customer base is hanging out and start advertising on the said platform. Join or organize local networking events for your restaurant business. And before doing all these, conduct a dry run with a small community in your area to test your concept and your food delivery app.
- Keep your users and customers. Make sure that you have established a reliable customer service team to provide support for your customers should they have concerns with your food delivery app. Offer promotions and special discounts to your users, and incorporate a rating system to let your users express their opinion about your food delivery app.
- Take care of your delivery service provider. Even though you don’t hire them directly, they still represent your restaurant business. Food delivery apps are mainly used because customers expect a fast and convenient service from your restaurant, and if they fail to deliver such service, users tend to favor other food delivery services. Keep them motivated by providing them a reasonable salary, flexible working hours, and morale support.
The Food and Restaurant Industry has shown how an industry can adapt to the ever changing demands and trends of the market. Once upon a time, it was impossible to process an order without going to the restaurant itself. But with the use of advanced technology in order to meet the demands of the market, Online Ordering is now seen as a staple for every modern diner. However, there have been problems with Deliveroo sign in for restaurants and with Uber restaurant hub.
Provided the right support, supplier, and developer, understanding the online food ordering system would be just a piece of cake. Have you already started planning for your own food delivery app? Let us know your thoughts!