It is not surprising if you’re suddenly interested in creating a liquor delivery app for your restaurant. It’s the logical next step if you already started incorporating online food ordering and delivery. Aside from that, it’s a great way to improve the movement of your alcohol inventory, it is also a great source of additional revenue for your restaurant.
This pandemic gave birth to a new era of food and alcohol consumption. Having to comply with new safety and health protocols, restaurateurs like you had a tough time looking for ways on how to get back on their feet, not until they embraced online ordering. And it’s now time to take this service to a higher level, aside from serving your customers your specialties, why not consider encouraging them to partner up with your best bottle of wine?
With the pre-pandemic structure of restaurants, it is seen that alcohol sales contribute up to 30% of a restaurant’s revenue. There should be no stopping you from delivering that kind of revenue to your current restaurant business model. Is it impossible to ramp up your alcohol sales because of the restrictions of outdoor dining? The answer is no, it may be challenging to penetrate a niche market at first but you have to see the opportunity in every loss like you always do.
If you’re already a bit convinced that this offering alcohol delivery services will help your restaurant, but somehow unsure on how you’ll penetrate a certain market, you should start catering to the demands of the Millenials and Gen Z. They make the most of the population, and they overrule every industry and market there is.
Now that you have a target audience for your service, you have to introduce a concept that will pique their interest. Offering a mobile app for your alcohol delivery service is one of the best ways to do it. Millennials and Genz love socializing with alcohol, and they want that bottle in a fast and convenient way.
Don’t let your finest bottles of wine, scotch, and other types of alcohol just collect dust off your stockroom. Allow them to do their part in your restaurant, and you surely won’t regret it! Learn more on how to build a mobile app for your liquor delivery, and start creating a plan for your restaurant’s next step.
Alcohol Delivery Market
Understanding your market is a must if you’re just planning to create and launch any type of concept for your restaurant. With alcohol delivery, you have to be knowledgeable about the permits and licenses you need to secure. There are certain states and local areas that have their regulation regarding alcohol distribution. Make sure you know every bit of it within the area you wish to deliver to.
Age verification policy is also a vital element for your alcohol delivery service. Third-party apps such as Uber Eats and Deliveroo received some backlash regarding their alcohol delivery because it allows underage customers to get a hand of a liquor bottle easily. Keep in mind that the legal age for alcohol consumption is not the same in every area, know what’s in your state and comply with it. You don’t want to be a harbinger of danger to the underage, it opposes one of the purposes of alcohol delivery, which is to deliver the “happy-hour-feels” to your customers right at the comfort of their own home.
The alcohol delivery market is a money-making opportunity for every restaurant owner, once you have the attention of the Millenials and the Gen Z, you’re good to go. They hold most of the buying power the Gen Z is now commanding over 40% of the consuming power in retail. They are a great audience for your alcohol delivery app.
Importance of Online Liquor Delivery for Your Restaurant
Offering online liquor delivery as part of your online ordering service is a great way to help your restaurant stand firm on its feet after it stumbled during the Coronavirus outbreak. It does not just boost your sales, but it will also have positive impacts on your overall operational procedures. Here are the main benefits of why you should consider developing an app for your liquor delivery.
- Online alcohol delivery helps you manage your food waste. Alcohol distribution is not just about letting all your liquor bottles roll out of your restaurant, you also have to be creative in maximizing its potential. You can pair up those bottles with herbs, fruits, and even vegetables. It introduces a new way to manage your inventory.
- It’s one of the best takeaway options. It’s easy to deliver, and with the right packaging, you don’t have to worry about spills and moist control that often affects delivery food quality.
- Creates opportunities for better staff management. When the pandemic first hit, you may have to let go of some of your staff because of the implemented lockdowns and restrictions, now is your chance to call them back and let them assist you with your new service. Call onto your sommelier, bartender, beer crafter, and other staff that can contribute to the growth and improvement of your alcohol delivery.
How Apps for Liquor Delivery Works
Just like every online ordering and delivery app works, it all starts with customers’ registration. After that, it works differently depending on who’s facing and using the app. Here’s a brief structure explanation of how it works for the customers, delivery providers, and restaurants.
- First, customers register an account to the delivery app. If they are already a member, then they will be led to a log-in interface. Age verification should be part of the registration.
- Before going through the menu, you may opt to provide security verification for both your customers and delivery provider. Customers now browse to the liquor menu provided by the restaurant. The restaurant must always keep the menu and inventory updated to avoid miscommunication with customers.
- After the customers select their items on their preferred taste and budget, they can now complete the transaction by choosing their preferred payment option. It can be cash-on-delivery, but it is highly encouraged to implement contactless delivery for enhanced safety of both the parties (customers and delivery provider).
- Once your restaurant verified and received the payment (if it’s done online), you may now proceed to process the orders. Ideally, you’ll have an ‘Order Notification’ feature for your Admin Interface to prevent overlooked orders.
- Your staff now prepares the items for delivery. Depending on which type of delivery provider you employ, you can now assign a driver for this particular order. The delivery provider now then picks up the items for delivery.
- Customers will be notified that their orders are on their way, and they can receive real-time updates and notifications from the driver. Both the restaurant and customers can track the movement of the delivery.
- The alcohol bought from your online store is now delivered to the customers. If it’s a cash-on-delivery type of order, you can now collect the payment for that order. The commission is also collected if it’s from a commission-based revenue model.
Types of Online Liquor Service
There are two main types of online alcohol services, it mainly differs on how the alcohol will be served to the customers.
Place and Pick-up
Customers will place their orders on your app and pick them up directly at your restaurant. This is for customers on the go and those who don’t have time to wait for delivery. They can be on their way home from work, or they define convenience as not wasting time waiting for a delivery.
This type of service delivers the items directly to the stated address of the customers. Be it on their own house or their office, the items will be directly delivered to the customers. You may also provide a feature where customers can place their orders in advance and schedule the delivery.
Profit Business Models in Apps for Liquor Delivery
You may start to wonder what are the other opportunities to generate revenue through your app aside from using up all your alcohol inventory. Here are some of the helpful ways of monetization for your app for liquor delivery.
This is how you can monetize alcohol delivery if you partner up with other liquor stores. You charge a fee for every order that goes through your app.
You have the choice to keep this fee hidden and inclusive on each item or a flat delivery rate fee. This is a simple way to generate additional revenue, just partner up with a logistics provider then you can start with your delivery service.
Customers may not like the idea of an additional fee if they order during a busy period, but you have to present it as if it is an advantage for them. Or you can just easily limit your menu and delivery area during the presence of maximum demand on your app. This is part of your capacity and staff management.
Delivery app for liquors doesn’t necessarily mean that you only have to offer drinks and alcohol. Offer some cocktail mixes, snacks, or even additional service in your app to score additional income.
You can start partnering with other local businesses that are significantly related to your products and services. Charge these businesses with a reasonable fee, and make another opportunity to grow your audience.
This is also a popular way of monetizing your app. Some of the leading third-party apps use this type of monetization, they offer a premium package for restaurants who want their brand and products at the top page of the app.
Steps to How to Build an App for Liquor Delivery
Here’s a simplified guide on how to create your app for your online liquor delivery. Ideally, you should have an expert product developer to help you make your visions come to life.
Create a business plan
Every important business step should be backed up by a well-made business plan. If you’re planning to create an app for your restaurant’s additional service, you must have a plan that can help you follow through with your plan. You can also have a better view of things if you create one since planning will force you to go through every detail that can affect the success of your business decision.
This is the part where you can state your goal, brainstorm ideas, identify the challenges, create solutions, and have a better understanding of the market and the competition to ensure that your restaurant is prepared to deliver this type of service.
Hire a team of experts
This app is a complex task that requires a professional point of view to make things happen. Discuss your ideas and vision with your team and allow them to come up with an initial design for your app. This is also where you should discuss whether you want to create an app designed for separate OS such as iOS and Android OS. The hybrid session is the most ideal as it can function in both operating systems.
Let your team know what are features that you want to see on your app. Here’s a list of what your team should be composed of.
- Project Manager
- App Developer
- Business Analysis
- UI/UX Designer
- Frontend/Backend Developers
- Backend Support
- Technical Documentation Team
- QA Professionals
Wireframing and designing
Here is where your team applies your design to the user interface to create a database for your app. It is helpful that you use user personas and mood boards for your developers to know how you envisioned the customer experience will be upon using your app.
Check the back-end support
Once you’ve completed the main interface for your app, it’s now time to work on your back-end support and storage applications. Test how the customer data will be processed back-end and how it will be utilized for your online liquor delivery app. Allow your team to work on the bugs and other technical concerns that you’ll encounter while on this step.
This is the last step where you can make all the improvements that you want and need for your app before you have it tested by your customers.
Testing and Deploying
Ask a group of customers that’s within your desired target audience and see how your new app will work for them. Allow them to express their suggestions in all honesty and take their feedback as a tool for learning.
Once that the testing period is done and the feedback is already good, then it’s now time to launch and market your newly developed app for online liquor delivery.
Technical Stack in Developing an App
Familiarize yourself with these technical requirements that should be incorporated into your app for it to be in its optimal condition.
- Platform – Android App, iOS App, Hybrid App, Admin Panel
- Programming Language – Java, PHP, Objective C, React Native
- Technology – Android SDK&NDK, iOS SDK&NDK, React Native, NodeJS
- Database – Active Android, Core Data, SQ Lite, MongoDB
- Design – Adobe, HTML, CSS, Sketch
- Testing – Emulator, Simulator, Manual, Testlabs
Features of an On-Demand App for Online Liquor Delivery
Here is the list of the features you should have in mind while creating an app for your alcohol delivery.
Your customers will appreciate your app once you incorporate these features in it.
- Registration/Log-in Interface – Here’s where your customers can create their profile for your app. Provide instant log-in by allowing them to register using their Facebook or Google account for added convenience. Don’t forget the Age Verification process, it is a must that you have your customers verified before they finish the registration process. Uploading a photo of their government-issued identification should do it.
- Menu – An interactive and updated menu is always a great sight for customers. Make sure that you also have corresponding high-quality photos on your alcohol menu to keep your customers interested.
- Filters – Allow your customers to filter out choices according to their preferences, this improves customer experience as they won’t waste time by endlessly scrolling into your menu.
- Order Placement – Provide a secured order placement process. After selecting their orders, they can simply just add-in into their cart, and proceed to payment. Ensure that this process is straightforward.
- Payment Options – Provide multiple payment options and gateways for your customers. This is one way to grow your customer base as you don’t have to reject customers just because you don’t process their preferred payment.
- Order History – Give your customers an option where they can view and easily reorder their past orders.
- Order Tracking – Real-time updating and tracking are one of the best ways to give your customers great customer service through online transactions. This leaves an impression that they are in control of their orders.
- Review and Ratings – Let your customers know that they are heard. Provide them a feedback form right after their orders for them to express how was their experience with your app and delivery.
Here’s the list of the management features that you should have on your app.
- Log-in Interface – This is for easier monitoring of who’s handling and managing your online alcohol orders during a specific period.
- Inventory Update – Quick and easy real-time updates should be done by your staff. The menu should be updated as soon as all changes are confirmed by your staff. This includes all your alcohols, drinks, and even complimentary items.
- Price Update – Just as you update your inventory, changes, and updates on your prices should also appear in real-time on your customer panel.
- View Ratings – You should have access to the feedback and reviews that are left by your customers. It is also great if you can respond to them to ensure that you’ll close the deal with them properly.
- Monitor Sales – All your sales should be accessed by your authorized staff. It should be viewed weekly, monthly, or daily for proper monitoring.
- Payment Management – All the incoming payments from your customers should be monitored and tallied by your authorized team.
- Marketing – Push notifications, loyalty programs, lead generations, conversions, online campaigns, and other marketing activities should be easily implemented using this feature.
- Order Tracking – Monitor and track the revenue and other important details from every delivery and transaction that your app makes.
Delivery Provider Panel
Your delivery partner should be able to access these features for them to deliver their service seamlessly.
- Log-in Interface – This is to ensure that their earnings and deliveries will be sent directly to them.
- Order Request – Let your delivery providers accept or reject any order, there are many circumstances where your delivery guy can’t accommodate an order. If the order gets accepted, their profile will automatically appear on the customer panel.
- Order Status – To let the customers and management know if the order is prepared, on its way, and delivered.
- Chat/Call Interface – Allow your customers and delivery provider to communicate should there be a need to do so. One of the main reasons why delivery providers need to communicate with your customers is that they’re having a hard time locating their addresses.
- GPS Tracker – For easier tracking of the customer’s location.
- Earnings – Displays their earnings for a corresponding order, and they can view their earnings on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Review Ratings – They can view the ratings and feedback given by the customers but details and information about the customers should be protected. The ability to respond to feedback should be disabled.
Costs of Building an App for Your Online Liquor Delivery
There is no fixed cost on how much it would cost to create your app that allows your customers to buy drinks online and wait for them to be delivered to them, but there are known factors that directly influence the cost of this service.
- Numbers of features to integrate
- Selected platform (iOS, Android, or both)
- Hourly charged rate of the development team
- Location of the product development team