Are you looking to increase online takeaway orders of your restaurant or takeaway? There are different factors which determine the success rate of a business, one of these is location. But with growing dependence of the consumers to technology and the present time mandatory social distancing, it is no surprise that the demand in online ordering is increasing.
Be it through your own website, your own app or a 3rd party app, it is evident that offering an online ordering service will help with the sales of your business. Here are some tips on how you can increase the numbers of orders booked online :
Placing your business in a strategic location is a good point, however making it more visually available is vital. Placing signages to your windows, bar, and menu lets your online service be of easy reach to the walk-by and drive-by traffic thus increasing the chances of your online service to be acknowledged and used by this population.
And as the world adapts to the new normal, you have to let them know that your restaurant and its services are available for their convenience.
ENCOURAGE YOUR IN-HOUSE STAFF TO SHARE
Word of mouth is still one of the most effective marketing strategies for a business. If you encourage your in-house staff and your customers to share it to their following, it would continue to spread to others thus giving your business a good and free exposure and will surely uplift your orders online.
UTILIZE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA
Building a good and accessible website is a must for every successful online ordering service, but the population today mostly rely on social media. This generation processes online orders through smartphones compared to personal computers and laptops combined. They spend more time browsing to social media and find it more reachable. Being able to share your service to different platforms is crucial as you want to let everyone know regarding your online ordering service.
It is also advisable to create a direct link of your website’s menu to your social media for the customers to access it easily. Make sure to give your own following high quality and in season photos for better viewing of your social media accounts.
UPDATE YOUR GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
Google remains the top search engine in the world, and one of the most searched questions nowadays is about food delivery. It is consequential to fill out all the attributes on your GMB for them to favor your business. By then, Google will recommend your business and your website will appear on particular searches done through their platform. You may also check the advantages given by Google Ads and Google Maps. Google reviews is also one way to make your customers trust your business, make sure to reply to emails and reviews to build a good relationship with them.
UTILIZE YOUR NEWSLETTER
This factor is often taken for granted and not used properly. With newsletters, you can establish rapport with your customers hence giving them the feeling that they are valued. This way, you can also send exclusive promos and offers to your network. That’s why it is advisable to reply to reviews or ask your customers feedback, this way you can have contact information from them then you can send them updates about your business.
Given this option, you can also code to track the people that are clicking the link you’re providing, visiting your website and buying from your business. Coordinate well with your email manager for this course of action.
Note : Give value first before asking.
MAKE IT VISIBLE ON YOUR WEBSITE
By this time, you’ve already decided that you’ll be offering an online ordering service. You already put up signages, stuck stickers on your shop but then the lockdown happens. Suddenly there’s a limit to the movement outside, here’s where your website should step up. Make sure to make your newly uploaded service apparent and obvious to the customers. Put it right on top of your website and let them know that you’re ready to take their orders online.
WRITE A PERSONAL NOTE
Now that they used your online ordering service, it is now time for you to make them feel special. Write a personalized thank you note to their orders before delivery, this would delight your customers and would make them feel special. It is crucial that you show your care to your customers as having a loyal audience is hard with all the competition showing up.
Additional to those basic tips, here are some valuable insights that could also help your business with online ordering service :
- Upgrade your menu – Make sure that your menu is easily available, simple, and easy to read. Now simple doesn’t necessarily mean it has to be boring. You may add seasonal and trending products to make it more appealing with your consumers. Key Food trends may also be added, and if you want to explore more, you can start to cater different food groups such as Vegan, Vegetarian, and the like.
- Provide good packaging – A quality, properly-sealed and temperature controlled packaging is a strong point for a business. It is an extension of your branding and marketing, and it is the representative of your business that the consumers would have first-hand encounter.
- Select a reliable delivery service – You may choose to hire your own delivery service, outsource a delivery service through 3rd party apps or you could do both. There are systems available for you to track your drivers and the orders that they’re carrying, at the same time you can also provide ETAs to your customers.
- Allow modifications – Giving them a sense of control is one way to win their trust and one way to enhance customer experience.
- Update your website – It is important to update your website and maintain it properly. A faulty online service could lead to an irate customer and end with no sales at all. Construct your website fast, convenient, and user-friendly.
- Check for Payment Options – Make your service be available with cash or credit card. There’s a growing population of people who don’t usually carry cash and only have their cards with them, be certain that you can also cater this group of people.
- Consider having your own app – As mentioned, people usually order from their phones thus having your own app looks like a good step for your business. However, there’s a slim chance that the customers will install a standalone app where there are apps such as Ubereats where many options are given. You have to make a good research first and ensure that your business will focus more on online ordering service for this choice to be workable.
- Collaborate with other businesses – Competition is evident to the market but having a good business partner could provide satisfactory exposure for your business. It is like having extra hands for sales that’s doing the job for you.
We are naturally adaptable beings and we are continuously transforming to adjust our way of life to the present times. Make use of your assets and resources well to produce convenience and simplicity. Those are the things yearn the most today.